Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Saw-Whet Owl Backyard Bird!

Once upon a time (yeah you betchya this is going to be a good story if it starts with that), Ben decided to not wake me up when a Barred Owl was calling outside our window so that I could hear it for our old apartment yard list.  Yes, that's right, I had Mississippi Kite and Black Vulture for our apartment yard list, but I didn't have a single owl.  Needless to say, when Ben heard a Saw-Whet two nights ago, he was sure to wake me up.

Not much to say other than after finally dragging myself out of bed at 5am it was satisfactory to have my second owl for our new home (Great Horned was my first).

Now I've had Saw-Whet, Great Horned, and Screech as yard birds at various houses... yet for some reason Barred Owl still escapes any yard list I've ever had...

No comments: