Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dashboard

(From The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most)

This is one time, this is one time
That you can't fake it hard enough to please everyone
Or anyone at all...or anyone at all
And the grave that you refuse to leave
The refuge that you've built to flee
The places that you've come to fear the most
It's the place that you have come to fear the most

Buried deep as you can dig inside yourself
And hidden in the public eye
Such a stellar monument to loneliness
Laced with brilliant smiles and shining eyes
Perfect make-up, but you're barely scraping by
But you're barely scraping by...

Do you ever feel like you're just making it by the thread? That you can't be YOU. I don't know. But right now I feel like that. Like I can't make anyone happy. And I don't want to. Because I want to make ME happy. Everyone is demanding way too much of me and I can't make everyone happy. Why does everyone feel like I should make them happy and sacrifice what is best for me in order to do it? I know people don't really think or feel like that... but thats how everyones actions are turning out.

I am sick of people being dumb and listening to their parents as to who they have to be. For once just let go. For once take a risk. Don't go crying about stupid things that don't really matter. I am sick of the mommy thing. I need independence. I need people who want to be as free as I do.

No comments: